Sunday, June 14, 2009

Let's try a little confidence.



Obama's strength is finding middle ground between seemingly irreconcilable parties, and a long view political insight that puts Washington to shame. However, you're never gonna repeal DADT, or get us safely out of two wars, if everybody has to stop and hold hands first. Things like gay rights or upholding the rule of law in the face of things like torture, are binary issues, and ambivalence born out of political expedience is not one of the options.

I assumed I was electing a leader who, while understanding how people can hold a different opinion and wasn't condescending about mandates, would do as he saw fit to take this country in a better direction.

This is what I assumed, and I hoped I'm right, but healing this nation requires leadership. It requires someone who will put himself out there, on the record giving orders to implement change.

No comments: